Showcase your work to the entire world
The Neptune is a starter site that shows some of the features in C1 CMS and targets digital agencies, consultants and similar companies, which provide services and attract customers by showcasing work.
It is based on:
- Bootstrap, one of the most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile-first web projects
- LESS, the extension to the CSS language that supports variables, mixins, functions and many other techniques in your stylesheets.
This website includes, but is not limited to, these features:
- Bootstrap as its frontend development tools
- Mobile-first, meaning that is built to look best in the different mobile devices
- LESS for its stylesheets
- Easy skinning
- HTML meta tags generated automatically
- Scripts elements at the bottom, making page content appear faster.
- 6 basic Razor-based templates: "Case Page", "Page", "Page with left aside", "Page with right aside", "Page with navigation", "Frontpage"
- Jumbotron slides, rendered by an ad-hoc Razor function "PageBlocks.JumbotronSlides"
- Navigation, search, and other common website features:
- Side sliding menu, rendered by the dedicated Razor function "Layout.Navigation.MainMenu"
- Top links, rendered by another dedicated Razor function "Composite.Layout.Navigation.TopLinks"
- Left menu, based on the Composite.Navigation.Distributed add-on
- Language switcher, based on the Composite.Navigation.LanguageSwitcher add-on
- Search, based on the Composite.Search.SimplePageSearch add-on
- Premium commercial addons to try for 30 days:
- Profiles component, based on the Composite.Lists.Profiles add-on that allows you to present your team to the visitors to your website
- Page blocks, a number of Razor functions that streamline presentation of typical content on pages, for example, key content, top full-width images, contextual messages etc.
The Neptune starter site comes with a number of pre-installed add-ons. Most of them are working out of the box.
You can quickly personalize the website by changing its colors (especially the primary brand color), adding your own logo, adding more Jumbotron slides for your showcases, inserting new page blocks on pages, updating links in the page footer.
Please see "Personalization" for more information.
This starter site supports theming. You can: