VS2017 and IIS
Download C1 CMS for VS2017 and IIS
C1 CMS is a web application that requires no custom installation or registrations and you can use "xcopy deployment" and either IIS Express or IIS to run the web application.
- Download the C1 CMS ZIP from GitHub.
- Unzip it on your local machine.
If you are using Visual Studio (IIS Express), do the following:
- Open the solution file “C1 CMS Website.sln”
- Open the “Property Page” for the web project
- To rule out file permission errors, select “Start options” and make sure “NTLM Authentication” is not checked.
- To skip waiting for website compilations:
- Under “Build”, “Start action” select “No build”
- Under “Build”, “Build solution action” uncheck “Build Website as part of solution”
- Launch C1 CMS by pressing F5 in Visual Studio, then follow the steps in the C1 CMS setup wizard and create a starter or demo site.
If you are using IIS 7 or newer, do the following:
- Create a new IIS site
- Point the website to the “Website” folder
- Make sure the website is running in an ASP.NET 4.0 / 4.5, Pipeline mode AppPool
- Make sure that the Identity running the website have Read, Write and Modify permissions
- Open your website in a browser by the address, then follow the steps in the C1 CMS setup wizard and create a starter or demo site.
C1 CMS will automatically log you in to the CMS Console.