Before you start translating strings with the tool, you might want to know what the options you can configure in the tool's GUI:
- Pressing Enter will save and move to next: When checked (default), every time you press Enter, the tool will save the translation in the target file and you will move to the next string in the file.
- Get translation from Google Translate: When checked (default), the tool will get the translation of the string from the Google Translate service.
- Automatically register updates in Composite.config: [deprecated] When checked (default), the tool will automatically register the files with translated strings in
Important: The "Automatically register updates in Composite.config" option is only used in C1 CMS version 3.2 or earlier. It is outdated and not used in version 4.0 or later and will be ignored.
To translate the strings:
- Run LocalizationTool.exe
- In the Files list box, select the file with the strings you want to localize.
- In the String Keys list box, select the string you want to localize.
- Write the translation of the string presented in the source language (e.g. English (United States) in the text box for the target language (e.g. Danish (Denmark)) or edit the translation suggested by Google Translate. (The corresponding option must be checked.)
- Press Enter to save the translation in the target file and move to the next string in the file. (The corresponding option must be checked.)
- Repeat steps 4-5 for the strings in the file.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for all the files.
If some strings were not translated for some reason (those added later, for example), you can quickly locate them by clicking "Find first missing".